New update out that improves the UI and dark mode, handles errors more gracefully, and adds event filtering to the Event Log. We also enabled the editing of the Windows hosts file. In the past, this power-user feature has caused some Windows antivirus programs to report false positives of “potentially unwanted programs”. Hopefully that is not the case this time. If you do ever encounter any warnings about X-NetStat from an antivirus program, please report them immediately so it can be addressed! Thank you 🙂
What’s new since 220.127.116.11
– Implemented Kill And Add Rule To AutoKill And Banish
– Implemented editing of hosts file
– Country Threat Engine: GetThreat() now returns Unknown type if country code is null.
– Connection Info panel: hide lblCountryThreat by default
– WHOIS panel: Include exception message on error.
– Show connection info in event summary, if a connection is present.
– When a rule is triggered, it now shows the name in the event viewer, if a name exists.
– Add toolbar to Event Log. Event log now autosizes.
– Fix bug where “Dont show splash screen” did not work.
– When an IP address changes, log the new IP address in the event log, if possible.
– Dark Mode now covers the Event panel better.
– Ping Engine: Check for 0.0.0.0 instead of throwing an exception to return null; performance boost.
– Track Selected Event now works again.
– Location database: Fail more gracefully when there is an error deleting a corrupted .mmdb file
– Hide UDP from View menu; not working yet.
– Net Stats: Interface info now shows numbers formatted with a comma